Sue Simmons Cursed Me Out!!! (disco_balla) wrote,
Sue Simmons Cursed Me Out!!!

  • Mood:

No One Came Looking For Her???!!

Police say woman sat on toilet for 2 years

Email|Print|Single Page| Text size – + By Roxana Hegeman
Associated Press / March 13, 2008

WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who police said sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years - so long that her body had become stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar, and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report yesterday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued," Whipple said. "She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body. It is hard to imagine. . . . I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

The boyfriend told investigators he brought the woman food and water and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,' " Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that there was something wrong with his girl-friend, Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the woman on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was disoriented and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

OMFG. TWO YEARS? I can't even....did she not have any family that came to look for her? People live such odd lives.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.